When You Eat Turmeric Mixed With Black Pepper, THIS Will Happen To Your Body!
Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
1. First, one important reason to combine these two ingredients and consume them is that they enhance the health promoting abilities of each other. In fact, black pepper will enhance the bioavailability of turmeric. Curcumin has low levels of bioavailability, and because of this, much of the curcumin we consume is metabolized before it can be absorbed. Piperine has been found to make curcumin more bioavailable which allows us to absorb more of it and get its full healing and health promoting affects.
2. Eating turmeric mixed with black pepper also has tremendous anti-inflammatory affects for our bodies. This mixture is a known anti-inflammatory powerhouse and can be especially helpful for those individuals suffering from symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Curcumin is well known as a natural anti-inflammatory compound and for its anti-inflammatory affects. It reduces inflammation throughout our entire body and targets and fights inflammation at the molecular level. Curcumin can actually inhibit many of the molecules know to play a role in causing inflammation. Black pepper contains many different antioxidants which is great for reducing inflammation. These antioxidants in black pepper can help to both prevent and repair damage cause by free radicals and neutralize damaging compounds in our bodies, reducing inflammation in the process.
3. This mixture may also have benefits for certain types of cancer and may even reduce the risk of developing certain cancers. Studies have shown that curcumin can have positive affects on preventing cancer. Again, this is often attributed to several benefits curcumin provides at the molecular level which are enhanced by black pepper due to its absorption enhancing properties. Turmeric also provides many different nutrients and antioxidants which reduce damaging free radicals. Black pepper may also help in this regard to the polyphenols in contains. Discuss with your medical practitioner other cancer treatment and prevention methods.
4. Eating turmeric and black pepper can also have benefits for our overall heart health and reduce the risk of heart disease. Curcumin may actually help to not only reduce the risk of heart disease, but also reverse many of the steps in the heart disease process. Curcumin is unique in that it can help to improve the function and health of our blood vessels. This allows turmeric to help with the regulation of blood pressure and blood clotting. Turmeric also reduces inflammation as well as oxidation, two factors which may lead to heart disease. As well, since turmeric and black pepper contains curcumin and piperine, this can also help to reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol as well as reduce triglyceride levels in the body.
5. Lastly, combining and consuming turmeric mixed with black pepper can also have benefits for cognitive function and may even reduce the risk of developing certain cognitive diseases, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Turmeric can help to reduce inflammation and oxidation that can lead to these neurodegenerative disease. As well, it can help to reduce the build-up of Amyloid plaques, which may cause these diseases. Black pepper can also improve cognitive function. Studies have shown that the compounds and components in black pepper can help to reduce memory impairment and cognitive malfunction. As well, piperine may be able to help stimulate chemical pathways in the body, which may help reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Again, discuss with your medical practitioner other treatment and prevention methods when it comes to this complicated disease and to make sure this mixture is safe for you.
Small dosages of these two spices is often recommended when consuming them consistently. One-half to one teaspoon of turmeric is recommended with just a pinch of black pepper when consuming regularly.
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.