Again, I tried fishing through the ice, this time in a comfy shelter set up on the dock, but to no avail. I just can’t catch a fish these days. But I’m not going to let that stop me from dining on low-carb fish! Click SHOW MORE for the recipes.
CREAMY GARLIC BUTTER TUSCAN SHRIMP & FISH
2 tablespoons salted butter
6 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 pound shrimp, or fish cut into 1 x 2 inch pieces, or both
1 small yellow onion (4 oz.), diced
½ cup white wine
8 oz jar of sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained
1¾ cups heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ to ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper, to taste
3 cups baby spinach leaves (gently packed)
⅔ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
2. Fry the onion in the butter remaining in the skillet for 2 minutes. Pour in the white wine, and allow to reduce slightly. Add the sun dried tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes to release their flavors.18
3. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the heavy cream and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
4. Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
5. Add the shrimp and fish back into the pan; sprinkle with the herbs and parsley, and stir through.
6. Serve over cauliflower rice. I used Bird’s Eye Riced Cauliflower, Savory Herb.
Background music is called “Cloche Hats & Spats” purchased from audioblocks.com.